Document Management Solutions
Document management is a critical technology that helps companies manage important files, in addition to scanned images. Document management systems should be able to handle electronic information, including Microsoft Office documents, Adobe documents as well as hundreds of other document types. In addition, a document management system handles other unstructured information, such as faxes, photographs, XML components, video clips, podcasts, hand-written notes and e-mail messages. FileBound addresses a range of needs and offers broad functionality including process-centric applications like workflow, document archiving and storage.
On September 23, 2008. Gartner, Inc. [www.gartner.com], the technology worlds foremost authority published:
“… the primary trends that IT architects and planners must consider, are the following:
- ECM is becoming part of IT infrastructure.
- Compliance and information retention are high profile topics at the CxO-level.
- Integration of content repositories will be critical.
- Alternate delivery models, such as SaaS or software as a service are gaining increased interest.”
In Gartner’s 2008 survey of nearly 400 respondent organizations, approximately 69 percent reported that they had more than six content repositories. When you consider the industry statistics below, it becomes clear that businesses need to invest in Document Management.
Companies spend on average:
- $20 in labor to file a document *
- $120 in labor to find a misfiled document *
- $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document *
- 7.5 percent of all documents get lost; 3 percent of the remainder get misfiled *
- Professionals spend 5 – 15 percent of their time reading information, but up to 50 percent looking for it *
- $24 average cost to process a single invoice manually **
- 40% of 1,200 organizations surveyed indicated disaster recovery planning not a priority +
- 2 out of 5 companies who experience a disaster are out of business in 5 years ++
* PricewaterhouseCoopers + Captaris ** IOMA ++ Gartner
FileBound is an affordable Document Management Solution that addresses these critical business issues and eliminates soft cost expenditures for organizations of all sizes. The challenge today is the deployment of seamless solutions that accept and combine information from many sources, organize it, distribute it via workflow and provide access security. FileBound is designed to find, control, optimize and protect information from many sources stored in different forms. These include paper files, archival box storage, document images, digital application files, computer print files, emails, faxes, web site input, and others.
Our customers purchase FileBound to:
- Gain control, manage and distribute document images seamlessly with all existing digital content.
- Streamline business processes using our affordable workflow module.
- Eliminate preprinted forms and provide web access to critical forms using our integrated e-forms capabilities.
- Integrate their core line of business applications to the documents and content that support them.
- Maintain regulatory compliance through secure management and tracking of information access.